Terms & Conditions
1. Application is open to all secondary school students & teachers in Malaysia.
2. No fee are incur for this membership.
3. All benefits and privileges are subject to the terms and conditions set by The One Art Society.
4. The One Art Club reserves the right to amend, withdraw or cancel the benefits and privileges or vary terms & conditions without prior notice.
5. Members are responsible in notifying us of any change of email or termination of member immediately.
Personal Data Protection
The One Art Society aims to comply with the requirements of the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and respects your choices in respect of your personal data.
The main purposes for which your personal data is collected, used or disclosed by The One Art Society its related The One Academy to provide you with our school information, latest update events, sharing, talks and activities related to Art & Design, as well as where permitted under law, sending you promotional material on our courses.
By submitting my registration in The One Art Society,you have agree to receive correspondence and information about The One Art Society through the means of communications I have indicated in myentry form such as, mobile no., email and address.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless consent of the individual concerned is obtained or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Personal information will be collected by fair means; with the knowledge and consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
(1) Personal Information
1.1 Type of Personal Data
"Personal Data" means any information which identifies you as an individual, including but not limited to:
- Name, title, education background, identity card number, passport number, EPF account number, SOCSO account number, income tax number;
- Contact information such as mobile phone number, house address, e-mail address, emergency contact details, parents and/or guardian details, Skype, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other mode of connection through the social media;
- Demographic information such as race, religion, nationality, gender and preferences;
- Medical details;
- Attendance records, examination results, academic records and performance in TOA;
- Images (including photographs), information in audio and/or video format (including voice, video recording, closed-circuit television (‘’CCTV”) and security recording) and any information relating to you;
- List of awards and recognition won from both local and international competition;
- Research grants details;
- Particulars of your spouse, parents or family members;
- Bank account information;
- Any information that has been or may be collected, stored, used or processed by TOA from time to time in connection with any commercial relationship with TOA.
1.2 Source of personal information
- Student / Potential Student
TOA collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you, your parents, your family members, your guardians and / or recruitment agents, from variety of sources including without limitation through completed enquiry, course application form via various means including online and physical hardcopies, at education fairs, events, conferences, talks, seminars, classes or by using TOA website.
- Parent / Guardian of Student / Potential Student
TOA collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you, your child and / or recruitment agents, from a variety of sources including without limitation through completed enquiry, course application form via various means including online and physical hardcopies at education fairs, events, conferences, talks, seminars or by using TOA website.
TOA collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you when you via variety of sources including but without limitation when you register at our alumni community website and / or at our events, conferences, talks, seminars or by using TOA website.
- Employer / Potential Employer of TOA’s Student / Graduate
TOA collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you or your colleagues when you register at our career portal as means of providing job opportunities to our students / graduates. Your personal data may also be collected via cookies by using TOA website.
- Supplier or Service Provider
TOA collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you or credit reference agencies as part of the commercial transactions. Your personal data may also be collected via cookies by using TOA website.
- Employee or Potential Employee
TOA collects your Personal Data directly or indirectly from you or your references when you apply for employment and / or during your course of tenure with TOA. Your personal data may also be collected via cookies by using TOA website.
In general, Personal Data will also be obtained from written or verbal communications or documents delivered to us prior to and during the course of our contractual or pre-contractual dealings with any affiliates, as well as usage of our website and any other information posted on our website, email or otherwise send to us.
1.3 Mandatory Personal Data
For all the students and alumni, the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory.
However, apart from students and alumni, if you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected, processed, disclosed or used, kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consequently, we may not be able to meet your queries, provide you with the relevant services you need, communicate with you and/or access to our Website.
(2) Purposes of collecting and processing including disclosing personal information:
- Process enrolments and enquiries, match courses with students’ need, provide appropriate course information for enrolment procedure;
- Day to day administrative matters;
- Correspond with students and parties involved;
- Maintenance of students’ record (including personal and academic information) and academic process management (for example, academic audits, examination administrations and awarding degrees);
- Provision of advice and academic support via Student Administration, Student Services Department (including Counselling Services), International Office and the various Academic Departments;
- Provide ancillary services such as visa application and insurance coverage throughout years of studies/employment in/with TOA;
- Student tuition fees and relevant payments communication and administration;
- Support student health and welfare requirements;
- Management of resources or events for libraries, accommodations, computing facilities, graduations, alumni;
- Produce statistics for internal planning purposes;
- Submissions, research and all other information required by regulatory or statistical authorities agencies or bodies including but without limitation to the Ministry of Education, Malaysian Qualifications Agency, Department for Immigration, Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) and etc;
- Internships or third parties attachment assistance (if internships are required for the chosen programme);
- Job placements assistance;
- Assessment of potential employee’s job application;
- Employee training and development requirements;
- Employee performance management;
- To perform reference checks, background screening, bankruptcy searches, criminal records, etc
- Internal TOA records management;
- For research, benchmarking and statistical analysis purposes to develop and evaluate education policies and strategies;
- To send you materials or to distribute information on events;
- To send you marketing, advertising and promotional information;
- For TOA to comply with its obligations under law.
(3) Disclosures and transfers of personal information
The One Academy, via academic departments, the Student Administration, Student Services and other ancillary departments may disclose your relevant Personal Data to employees and agents of The One Academy on a need-to-know basis.
Furthermore, your Personal Data may be disclosed to the following parties:
- Student sponsors including parents or guardians;
- Government loans department i.e. PTPTN, funding bodies and agencies acting on students’ behalf;
- The One Academy’s partner universities or affiliated universities (for University registration);
- IPT Formation Management System (IFMS) via Ministry of Education Malaysia;
- The Ministry of Education, other relevant government departments/agencies and statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- Any person required under regulation or instruction of government agencies;
- The Education Malaysia Global Services and other agencies appointed by Malaysian immigration department to process visa application or renew student visa during studies at TOA;
- Professional, statutory regulatory or accreditation bodies relevant to students’ programme requirements;
- Foreign government departments, agencies or authorities if students are enrolled in a foreign accredited programme;
- Statutory bodies in relation to employees such as Employee Provident Fund, Social Security Organisation, Inland Revenue Board, Human Resource Development Fund, Immigration Department of Malaysia, Ministry of Higher Education, etc;
- Third parties providing internships part of the programme requirements;
- TOA business partners, agents, employees, contractors, sub-contractors, service providers or suppliers, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- Insurance providers, banks, training centers, auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or advisors.
Your personal information may be disclosed to relevant parties if we deem that such disclosure is necessary to prevent or mitigate a serious and imminent threat to your life or health or the life or health of another person.
Particularly for students, academic record will be retained indefinitely after graduation for statistical or historical research. Graduate contact details will be added to our alumni database. The Student Services Department may contact you in the future with opportunities including old classmates’ connection, personal network development and career growth.
Your Personal Data may be used by TOA in any publicity and/or promotion of the college. This includes the publishing of excellent academic results, research grants and the award of a prize or scholarship that is earned at the local or international level.
Disclosure with Students’ Authorisation
TOA may release information on tuition fees and academic progress to third parties authorised by you. Request for release of Personal Data should be made in writing by you to the Student Services Department.
As TOA’s information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdiction, your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. Further, your Personal Data may be transferred out of Malaysia for the purposes described above. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
TOA takes prudent steps to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all Personal Data, including steps to protect the Personal Data from accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, abuse, misuse or disclosure. Despite TOA’s best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. To the best of TOA’s ability, access to Personal Data is limited to authorize personnel only and the authorized personnel are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
TOA takes reasonable steps to ensure that such Personal Data are only retained for as long as the information is necessary.
LINK TO WEBSITES
Links to other sites are provided for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content on the linked sites or any use of the site.
(7) RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION (APPLICABLE TO STUDENTS ONLY)
You may at any time request for access, correct or rectify your Personal Data (subject to exceptions under applicable law) by updating your information regularly via Student E-Portal or send an email to email@example.com.
(8) OPT-OUT OR CHANGE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
You may choose to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us and choose to receive only specific communications or none at all. You may also update your contact information previously provided to us. You cannot remove yourself from our database, but you can prevent unwanted communication. Kindly write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to opt-out or change your contact information.
(9) CHANGES TO TOA’S PRIVACY NOTICE
From time to time, TOA may make changes to this Privacy Notice. Accordingly, we encourage you to periodically review this notice to remain informed about how we process and protect your Personal Data.
Your continued usage of the TOA website constitutes your acceptance of the processing of your personal data to the extent outlined in this Privacy Notice as amended from time to time.